As we informed you last week, the Open Payments review, dispute and correction process started today and will continue through September 11, 2014. This is the process that allows physicians and teaching hospitals to review and dispute information regarding payments and other transfers of value that pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device manufacturers and group purchasing organizations (GPOs) recently reported to CMS, before CMS publicly discloses this information by September 30, 2014.
To assist with this process, CMS released an updated Open Payments User Guide to provide a comprehensive overview of the Open Payments system and requirements. CMS also released the following Quick Reference Guides:
- Physicians: How to Register in the Open Payments system
- Physician’s Authorized Representative: How to accept or reject a nomination as an authorized representative for a physician
- Teaching Hospitals: How to Register in the Open Payments system
- Teaching Hospital’s Authorized Representative: How to accept or reject a nomination as an authorized representative for a teaching hospital
- Physicians and Teaching Hospital Representatives: How to review a record and initiate a dispute
CMS further announced today that a National Provider Call regarding the registration, review, and dispute processes will be held on Tuesday, July 22, 2014, from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern. The target audience is physicians, teaching hospitals, professional organizations, physician staff, and other interested parties. Registration for this teleconference is available here.