The Office of Inspector General (OIG) for Health and Human Services (HHS) recently announced that it will begin updating its Work Plan initiatives monthly rather than its previous twice-yearly publications, which was most recently released in November 2016. The OIG Work Plan describes audits, reviews and other work statutorily required or otherwise undertaken by the OIG. Monthly updates to the OIG Work Plan can be found on the Recently Added page. All current Work Plan items are available on the Active Work Plan Items page.
Fourteen new items were added to the OIG Work Plan in July 2017. Several reviews related to Medicare and Medicaid payment claims were included, such as:
- Medicare Part B Payments for Ambulances Services Subject to Part A Skilled Nursing Facility Consolidated Billing Requirements
- Medicaid claims for Opioid Treatment Program Services
- Medicare Part B Claims for Telehealth Services
- Medicare Payments for Unallowable Home Health Services
- Medicare Payments for Unallowable Hospice Claims